The speed of delivery generated by the SIDEARM® could be dangerous if used inappropriately.
Please follow these simple safety guidelines:
- Always wear a batting helmet when facing the SIDEARM®.
- Always throw from the full length of a cricket pitch.
- Always throw practice deliveries at the start of a session, with no batsman, to gauge the direction and pace generated by the SIDEARM®.
- Players under 15 years of age should be under adult supervision when using the SIDEARM®.
- Store your SIDEARM® above 5°C.
- Place a ball in the cup of the SIDEARM®, aligning the seam to follow the line of the groove and slit.
- Place the ball in the SIDEARM® by hand, not by forcing the ball into the cup directly from the ground.
- Throw the ball using a normal throwing action, keeping the SIDEARM® perpendicular to the ground.
- The release point of the ball should be governed by bringing the wrist through in a throwing action; not by stopping the SIDEARM® mid-action to ‘flick’ the ball out.